Frequently Asked Questions
What is ZicWorld ?
- It's a Geo-Centered Platform, dedicated to the World of Music.
- This plateform brings together various Location-Based Directories.
- Each directory identifies a particular class of the World of Music.
- In addition to the directories you can publish classifieds on ZicFind.
- Yes ! Directories of the Different Actors of the World of Music :
- ZicMap = the Platform Members categorized.
- ZicFan = the members' Projects (Bands, Orchestras, etc.) and the Artists who want to publish Music, Videos and News.
- Some directories are participatory, ie supplemented and corrected by members so that everyone benefits :
- ZicLive = the Concert Venues or Rehearsal Spaces and the Organizers.
- ZicPro = the Professionals Serving Musicians.
- ZicBiz = the Structures for the Support and Development of Projects and Careers.
- ZicLearn = the Music Education Places.
- ZicParty = the Event Professionals.
What is the principle ?
- The platform uses the Google Maps as main interface.
- These maps are automatically centered on the location of the member's profile.
- They display the members, bands, artists and actors of the World of Music according to their geographical position.
- Filters allow you to refine your search in a very easy and logical way.
- Each directory has its own domain name which is a direct entrance door.
- All domains of the platform are interconnected to form a whole.
- Once registered in ZicWorld, you can access the entire platform without having to reconnect.
Why use ZicWorld ?
- To be validly referenced once for all !
- To not disapear in an alphabetical or chronological list !
- To find instantly the actors of the World of Music Around you!
- To Build your Network and your projects !
- To promote your artistic and/or professional project !
Can I register for my band ?
- Yes but not directly as a band.
- Registration is individual because a person can have multiple bands and bands are usually composed of several people!
- You register yourself individually by creating a personal profile where you indicate your skills, musical tastes etc.
- Once registered, you can create a ZicFanPage for each of your bands (or all musical project in which you're involved).
- Each ZicFanPage is referenced on the map of ZicFan, the Geolocated Directory of Bands, Artists and Musical Projects.
A ZicFanPage ?
- Yes ! This is a Fan Page particularly configured to Artists and Musical Projects.
(Bands, Choirs, Orchestras, Collectives, etc.)
- It allows you to share :
- videos on a wall,
- documents like Technical Rider,
- and of course, your Music!
And if I have a business concerning Music ?
- In this case, you're in the right place !
- You create an individual profile by registering.
- You complete your profile, including your personnal skills.
- You check that your company is not already registered on the directory concerning it.
- If it's not the case, you create one or more sheets in different directories concerning your professional activity.
- You make a certification's request to take hold of these sheets by clicking on the "Claim to Ownership" button.
Can I sign up without being seen ?
- Yes! Just choose "Invisible" among the five proposed statutes for your profile.
- (Searching, Open, Do not disturb, Standby and Invisible)
Do I have to pay to register on ZicWorld ?
No ! ZicWorld is a completely free platform and as others say : "It will remain so !"
So how ZicWorld will be able to pay its charges?
- Zicworld's approach is to boost the local musical life.
- It goes through some local support to players of the World of Music.
Local support ?
- Yes ! Local Music Stores in particular are stifled by cartons sellers ...
- On ZicWorld, they are given a unique opportunity to make themselves known to their customers !
- Luthiers, Music Schools, Sound Engineers, Recording Studios, Rehearsal Spaces, etc. will have the opportunity to put forward their companies to be visible on the platform while allowing ZicWorld to offer a free service to their direct customers.
- It's a "Winner / Winner" approach !